Thursday, August 4, 2011

Busy, Busy!


Lots of things going on! Sam Houston State is still in full swing with our Studio C update, I picked up a new Zeiss lens and got a Canon 60D!

The Zeiss lens is a 50mm 1.4, and the glass is immaculate! I knew the lens would improve the quality, but I didn’t realize how much. Zeiss has an entire line of still lenses. I purchased this lens specifically for video with the DSLRs, but I’m using it for stills as well. Some people complain about there being no autofocus in these lenses, I have yet to have a problem with this since, quick fast action focus usually isn’t needed in what I’m shooting. The biggest advantage shooting with the Zeiss lenses it that they have the same glass as Zeiss' Cine Lenses. 



I also purchased a Cinevate adapter for Nikon to Canon. This is a nice purchase for $50, since I just got a 60D.



The Canon 60D is a great camera I was able to take to it “like a duck to water”, which I wasn’t so sure about, but relieved when I found out. I purchased the 60D for various reasons. I LOVE the fact that the camera has a flip LCD, GREAT feature! The 60D not only shoots 1080p (which my D7000 doesn’t) the 60D shoots slow motion. This is a fun addition to have as a filmmaker! Sadly, I have not had the opportunity to utilize the slow motion YET! I will soon. As well as some time-lapse photography I have been meaning to play with.


More to come!

Punko (AKA Mitchell Loper)

No comments:

Post a Comment