Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm bloggin'!



Well its finally happening. I have a blog. With this tool I will be able to keep friends, family, and colleagues up to date with whats going on in my world.

Life is busy, to say the least, the Rock Eagle Communications team has been working hard at Sam Houston State University in the Dan Rather Mass Communications building re-engineering two studios and their master control room.

With all of this happening it's been tuff to keep up with everything else.

February I finished up a whole graphics package for print for TOWTRC's annual conference through Keena & Company.

Recently, I shot some promotional photos for Matt Stevenson a good friend and fellow graphic artist.
http://www.mattmedium.com/index.html


I have also been working a HDSLR rig. I purchased a Nikon D7000 and love it. The photos are fantastic  and the video is beautiful. 

I'm currently working on a project for Homer Saenz, owner of 713 Tattoo, http://www.713tattoo.com/
shooting a commercial with my D7000.

Here is a picture of my rig.


I have always been intrigued by the "look" of old photos from just about any era. I have spent years perfecting these looks in Photoshop and have worked hard to create a digital darkroom, so that I have control from photography to the finished product. 

After shooting Matt, I did some research on tintype photography and the process of developing the plates. I soon found a dry plate method that made by Rockland Colloid. I got so excited about this I went ahead and purchased a Graflex 4x5 Crown Graphic press camera.


Many, many other things are popping. I will do my best to keep you all posted. 

Hope you enjoy,

Mitchell Loper (aka) Punko

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mitchell, I like seeing what you are up to. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete