Sunday, June 19, 2011

A busy week to say the least!

Golly!! This has been a busy week! A bunch of new gear has come in, finished up a brochure for the Texas Youth Hunting Program (TYHP) www.tyhp.org , squeezed in a photo shoot and we are starting up work at SHSU again to upgrade the studios  lighting to 100% LED instruments.

TYHP brochure. Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.


I have wholeheartedly adapted to the HDSLRs. Being a photographer and cinematographer, these are indispensable tools for me. 

One of my recent purchases is a Manfrotto 504HD head. I also found a set of 1500series Gitzo sticks on ebay. The 504HD is a great head. It feels very professional and is extremely smooth, with substantial drag and counter balance control. What can I say about the Gitzo sticks, other than they’re the best, heaviest photography sticks ever made.
This combo creates a stellar tripod that’s well built, is a stable base and is remarkably mobile.  All aspects being important for any shooter, especially with DSLRs.

Just arriving is a new Kessler Pocket Dolly. This slider is robust. I haven’t had the chance to take it out in the field yet, but I plan to shoot some city nightscapes as soon as I can. 

LOTS more to come! Punko




No comments:

Post a Comment