Monday, June 13, 2011

Zacuto Z-finder Pro 3x

I just received a Zacuto Z-finder Pro 3x for my birthday from my parents (thanks Mom & Dad).

I had some reservations about this product, because of the sticker price of $395.00. This is my third viewfinder for my DSLRs and it looks like it will be my last!

The quality is through the roof from Zacuto. The optics, the gorilla plate, the composite Zacuto uses for the viewfinder are all superb. Evan the silk screening on the lanyard is high end.

The diopter and anodized aluminum ring feels really nice and substantial, and the insurance that your viewfinder isn't going to slide, rock or pop off is great. The viewfinder as another point of stability, drastically improves handheld video.

Zacuto also gives you slue of accessories with the kit.
Z-Finder Comparison

This viewfinder is compatible with Zacuto's EVF monitor too. This monitor is a state-of-the-art devise that Zacuto has packed all kinds of features into. With this monitor you are able to configure it to work with DSLR rigs, the RED, Sony FS100 etc., etc.

I'm able to rationalize $395.00 now. This a professional tool that works in multiple applications.
If you are a shooter, the Z-finder Pro is a must.



No comments:

Post a Comment